We stand out because of the trust we’ve built.
LBA completes construction on Lacombe SSA, receives LEED Silver certification
August 01, 2011
LACOMBE, Louisiana – The U.S. Green Building Council has awarded one of their highest honors to the Social Security Administration (SSA) building in Lacombe, Louisiana.
The new office building for the SSA was recently certified as LEED Silver which means it meets many of the organization highest standards for green construction. This building is one of only 23 certified LEED Silver buildings in the General Services Administrations inventory of over 9,600 Federal Government properties.
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. The most significant LEED achievements of this project include:
- Achieved a 50% reduction in landscaping irrigation through the use of water efficient irrigation and drought tolerant plant species.
- Achieved a 35% reduction in potable water use through the use of water efficient plumbing fixtures.
- Achieved a 26% reduction in energy usage through the use of energy efficient lighting, HVAC systems and overall building design.
- Installed a 5kW Solar Photovoltaic system to provide up to 5% renewable energy for the building.
- 20% of the materials used on the building were from recycled sources.
- Acquired up to 60% of the materials used on the project within a radius of 500 miles of the project site reducing the buildings carbon footprint.
- Use of low-emitting paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants and flooring systems for improved indoor air quality.
This project was the second LEED certified building for Larry Blumberg & Associates.